Modern Railways Conference in Bangkok Featuring Presentation from the Ministry of Transport and Finance in Thailand
Mastering realistic strategies of planning, designing, financing, developing, modernising, managing and operating modern rail infrastructure.
Bangkok, Thailand, March 24, 2011 —- marcus evans will be presenting the Modern Railways Conference to be held in Bangkok, Thailand on the 23 – 25 May 2011. It will be a one-stop platform to discuss the future of rail infrastructure, including planning, expansion, execution, project funding, day-to-day operations, round-the-clock maintenance, station management, civil & construction works, power & electrification, track modernisation, cutting-edge technologies of signalling, rolling stocks and other pertinent case studies in modern railways.
The three day agenda includes a choice of three streams over two days. The streams are Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) I & II, Light Rail Transit (LRT) I & II and Mainline I & II.
Staying on top of rapid developments in High Speed Rail, ‘Modern Railways’ conference features an exclusive High Speed Rail Day on the third day – 25th May 2011 to examine the challenges & solutions, cost & benefits, while assessing the viable funding models & technological requirements to make High Speed Rail a reality.
The world railway industry has enjoyed a period of strong growth, partly thanks to rising demand for new infrastructure from emerging markets but also due to broader global economic growth. Factors such as high fuel costs for road and air transport, coupled with the more environmentally-friendly nature of rail transport have prompted a change in consumer travel habits.
Speakers in the Modern Railways event include:
· Dr. Somchai Sujjapongse Director-General of State Enterprise Policy Office (SEPO) Ministry of Finance, Thailand
· Dr. Chula Sukmanop Inspector General of Ministry of Transport, Thailand
· Oravit Hemachudha Deputy Director-General of Traffic and Transportation Department, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), Thailand
· Jack van der Merwe Chief Executive Officer of Gautrain Rapid Rail Link, South Africa
· Azmi Abdul Aziz Chief Development Officer of Land Public Transportation Commission (SPAD), Malaysia
· Fabio Croccolo General Director of Italian Rail Regulation Office, Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport, Italy
· John Pistak Chief Network Officer of Queensland Rail Ltd, Australia
· Surjit Madan Vice President – Rolling Stock of Mumbai Metro One Pvt. Ltd., India
· Dr. P.C. Sehgal Managing Director of Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation (MRVC), India
· Yen Bang-Chien President of Kaohsiung Rapid Transit Corporation, Taiwan
· Rommel C. Gavieta Vice President of Metro Rail Transit Corporation, Philippines
· Dr. Soi-Hoi Lam Technical Consultant of Transportation Infrastructure Office (GIT), Macau SAR
· Silvester Prakasam Director of Fare System Division – Land Transport Authority (LTA), Singapore
· Emmanuel Vivant Director of Strategy Veolia – Transport RATP Asia, South Korea
· Klaus Jürgen Uhl Regional Director Asia of DB International GmbH, Germany
Modern Railways will feature Platinum Sponsors Schindler and Zhuzhou CSR Times Electric Co Ltd, Silver Sponsors DFDL Mekong and Pinsent Masons. Bronze Partners Vossloh Fastening Systems, MTU Asia, Trimble and Hubei Tiandi Heavy Industries Group.
This event is proudly supported by The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, Thailand Convention & Exhibition Bureau, International MultiModal Association, International Project Finance Association, Japan PFI/PPP Association, The Project Management Institute Malaysia Chapter and Infrastructuredeals.com.