Canon to build new Canon Hi-Tech
Canon Inc. today announced plans to construct a new production facility at its Canon Hi-Tech (
In recent years, the inkjet printer market has displayed steady growth worldwide. Additionally, increasing demand expected in the future has created a pressing need for Canon to expand its production capacity for inkjet printer products.
In response to these market conditions, Canon has purchased land in Nakhonratchasima, one of Thailand’s northeastern provinces, and decided to construct a second production facility for Canon Hi-Tech (Thailand) Ltd. on the site. Canon aims to commence construction of the new plant in January 2011, and launch operations in October of the same year.
In addition to the region’s abundant labor force, Canon expects to realize many benefits from the new facility, including synergies with the existing plant through the utilization of its parts supplies, infrastructure, and other aspects.
Project Overview (Phase I)
1. Name: Canon Hi-Tech (
2. Location: Naklang, Soong nuen,
(approx. 170 km northeast of Canon Hi-Tech (
3. Representative: Kazuhiro Kitamura, Canon Hi-Tech (
4. Business activities: Production of inkjet printer products and related parts
5. No. of employees: Approx. 5,000
6. Land area: Approx. 257,280 sq. meters
7. Total floor area: Approx. 64,080 sq. meters
8. Total investment: Approx. 14.6 billion yen
9. Start of construction: January 2011
10. Start of operations: October 2011
11. Production capacity: Approx. 5.5 million units per year
Note: Canon Hi-Tech (