2016.03.16 – Thailand and Asian Construction Jobs
Thailand – Deputy General Manager (Architecture)
• US$7000 – US$8500 per month
Consultant: Julian Taylor
My client is an international architecture and interiors design company with offices across South East Asia and the Middle East . They are currently looking for a Deputy General Manager (Architecture) for their Thailand operations.
The requirements for the Deputy GM (Architecture) are as follows:
* Must have a min. Bachelor degree in related discipline (Management, Architect)
* Background Architecture (highly desirable)
* At least 5 years’ experience in a managerial or leadership position within an Architect company.
* Industry knowledge – customers, quotation process, site supervision
* Management of multiple studio performance, including related services such as; finance, administration, human resources and information technology.
* Able to communicate at all levels effectively in a culturally sensitive workplace. Preferred to have worked in Asia.
* A communicative, decisive, reliable and a result driven individual that can lead teams, individuals and process.
Email: info AT mapleresourcing.com
***Immediate Start***MEP Manager – Boutique Hotel Scheme – Cambodia
From £50,000 to £80,000 per annum (Salary in US$ tax free) + visas + r
We have an exciting opportunity to join the project team on the delivery of a luxury hotel scheme in down town Phnom Penh. You would be working with a team of British and Irish ex pats employing local and international contractors on what will be the finest hotel in the country.
Ideal candidates will have solid experience using FIDIC in either Asia or the Middle East on other commercial or civil schemes, will be enthusiastic and committed and capable of delivering faultless installations and commissioning to BS Standards. Specific experience in high rise and retro fitting hotel buildings and a focus on the mechanical side would be hugely beneficial.
This developer is one of Cambodia’s leading businesses, employing internationally renowned architects and engineers and has a pipeline of schemes including a Golf Resort, luxury housing schemes on the Mekong, industrial parks, as well as other commercial developments.
They are looking to appoint soon, so please pop your details over if you think this could be of interest and we can talk it through.
Contact: Andrew Haines
Job ID: 65024668
Quantity Surveyor – Developer – Cambodia
To US$60,000 Tax Free
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Cambodias leading property developers in their commercial team as a quantity surveyor. The role is to initially work on an internationally renowned boutique hotel fitout in down town Phnom Pen then potentially on to a resort scheme.
Ideally candidates should be degree qualified and have international experience using FIDIC. This is a superb business that can offer a long term rewarding role with huge scope for advancement.
This business is very well run, employing highly trained and motivated western ex pats as well as local talent, using globally known cost and project management consultancies and leading architects.
This is a long term role, that would suit someone looking to establish Phnom Penh as a base, where professional progression is important. For more information please get in touch on cv AT jacksonyoung.co.uk
Facilities Management Chief Engineer – Cambodia
To US$60,000 tax free
We are looking to recruit an experienced chief engineer to join a large development company based in Cambodia. The role will be working on one of the most impressive commercial buildings in Phnom Penh. It is a 40 storey mixed use development with many tenants already in situ.
Ideal candidates will have good regional experience and come from either a mechanical or electrical engineering background with competencies in project management, designing, project execution, commissioning, testing adjusting balancing, validation, GMP documentation and maintenance of HVAC systems and fire protection systems in commercial office buildings.
You will be responsible for establishing project scope & schedule, planning, coordinating and managing projects to meet the time, cost and quality objectives. You will be leading a team of engineers and supervisors.
This is a great company to work for and something of a landmark building for both Phnom Penh and Cambodia. For more information please get in touch with Andy Haines on cv AT jacksonyoung.co.uk
General Manager – Developer – Cambodia
To US$120,000 plus package
Our client is the development arm of a large Cambodian Banking Group, responsible for some of the countries most impressive building schemes in the last 5 years. As a rapidly expanding organisation they are offering a challenging & rewarding opportunity to take on the General Management responsibility. You’ll have the experience, ability and motivation to see this relatively new company mature into one of the country’s major development brands.
Over the past 5 years they have been successful in becoming one of the country’s leading lights in the commercial and leisure development sectors. Employing world renowned consultancies and architects as advisors on their developments.
Recent schemes include a 40 storey commercial new build and a 36 hole golf resort.
The general management and the development of an expanding business, with responsibility for the management and leadership of all operational departments and resources. The role holder will be accountable for operational aspects and financial performance as well as developing and attaining new business.
Position in the Organisation
This role reports to the Executive Director of the company, and is based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, with travel throughout the region to visit manufacturers and suppliers.
• Review and where required re-new and oversee the company’s business philosophy, quality, H&S and operational policies to ensure sound business practises, effective employee relations, and fulfilment of customer requirements and achievement of business plans.
• Direct the implementation of the business’s annual operational objectives with accountability for financial performance.
• Implement business initiatives including cost reduction, process improvement and quality enhancement initiatives.
• Business development supporting the growth of business revenues & margins in conjunction with the ED.
• Implementation of ‘Continuous Improvement Methodologies’ throughout operations.
• Oversee resource planning and staffing management short and long term.
• Oversee supply chain management and ensuring quality and reliability of supply.
• Maintain an effective organisation with an environment that fosters innovation and high performance.
• Provide leadership in the development of employees to assure a solid skill base with capable functional and management succession.
• Oversee the implementation of communication practises that enable the effective exchange of information and ideas throughout the organisation resulting in an involved and focused workforce.
• In conjunction with the ED, liaise with all relevant (Cambodian, Chinese, and other) organisations to ensure that the companies operations operate effectively.
• Undertake all other responsibilities requested from time to time in line with the position in the organisation.
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent ideally from a Western University
• MBA desirable
• Minimum 10 years management experience to include general management for a developer or contractor in SE Asia.
• Ability to speak/write Mandarin would be a huge advantage.
• Proven leadership abilities with strong strategic, tactical, business development and commercial management skills.
• Understanding of the SE Asian business environment and practises.
• People management capability and all levels and understanding of multi-cultural work environments.
• Proficiency in preparation of business development, business plans and presentations combined with understanding of financial reports and accounts.
• Exceptional communication skills
• Fluent written and spoken English
For more information get in touch with Andy Haines on 01372 417235 or send your cv to cv AT jacksonyoung.co.uk
Project Quantity Surveyor – Developer – Cambodia
To US$60,000 plus package
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of Cambodias most successful developers as part of their commercial team. Working on the largest commercial development in the capital city Phnom Penh it represents a real step forward for the local construction market.
The scheme itself is a 40 storey commercial development with great architectural presence. Housing a banking group, with retail unites on the first three floors, a trading floor, back offices, and then residential and hotel accomodation.
Your role will be in the fitout stages in traditional post contract duties as well as potentially helping with any outstanding claims.
Candidates that have worked in the region will be looked on favourably especially those with FIDIC experience.
Ideal applicants will be degree qualified and will have worked for either a developer, consultancy or main contractor on similar sized schemes.
Salaries are tax free and paid in US$ which will include all of your expenses (accommodation, utilities etc) on top you will receive annual flights home and a business visa.
For more information or to apply please contact Andy haines on cv AT jacksonyoung.co.uk